The Ruthe Winegarten Foundation, in collaboration with Texas A&M University Press, publishes “Women in Texas History,” and Foundation board members Nancy Baker Jones and Cynthia J. Beeman are its general editors. Below is a list of each book, with a link to find out more about the book, the author, the awards the book has earned, as well as how to buy copies.
Women in Texas History Series
- Allie Victoria Tennant and the Visual Arts in Dallas, by Light Townsend Cummins, 2015.
- Women in Texas History, by Angela Boswell, 2018.
Publication of these books is made possible in part by generous donations from Ellen C. Temple, Leadership Women, the Texas Historical Foundation, the T.L.L. Temple Foundation, and Devorah Winegarten.
We’ve also partnered with Texas A&M University Press to reprint classic books that are important in the field of women’s history in Texas. The Ellen C. Temple Classics in the Women in Texas History Series (reprints) includes:
- Citizens at Last: The Woman Suffrage Movement in Texas, ed. by Ruthe Winegarten and Judith N. McArthur, 1987, reprinted 2015.
- A Texas Suffragist: Diaries and Writings of Jane Y. McCallum, ed. by Janet G. Humphrey, 1988, reprinted 2015.
- The Art of the Woman: The Life and Work of Elisabet Ney, by Emily Fourmy Cutrer, 1988, reprinted 2016.
- Women of the Range; Women’s Roles in the Texas Beef Cattle Industry, by Elizabeth Maret, 1993, reprinted 2017.
The Ellen C. Temple Classics in the Women in Texas History Series is underwritten by Ellen C. Temple.